Will my Health Ins. Rate go up

Was tested postive for Hiv in Oct 2011. I live in Colorado have private Health Ins. Will may rate go up after they see I'm Hiv Postive? Also I have started my meds Take Truvada and Isentress because they are a tier 3 med I have a very large Prescribtion copay of $9500. per year. What can I do to help reduce my copay? I have contacted the drug companys and did in enroll in there copay help programs. Thanks

Response from Mr. Chambers

Individual health policies are virtually all pooled. That means the insurance company looks at the income and claims of all people in plans like yours to determine rate increases. I honestly don't know the law in Colorado directly, but I'm sure you can't be singled out for a huge increase. States tend to require everyone in the same type of plan to get the same rate increase.

You may also want to look into Colorado ADAP to see if you are eligible for it too. Colorado ADAP

Severe Depression and Time off of Work
HIV and Nursing School