Severe Depression and Time off of Work

I have been employed by my employer for nearly 4 years and for the past 20 months, my depression has worsened to a point where I am being "forced/requested" to take time off to deal with it. I am not sure if the company (Sodexo) is trying to force me out due to the mental illness but it sure feels that way. I know I need to address the depression as I have started cutting (my arms) and my focus has been less than 100%. I get the job done, but am miserable to be around and can breakdown at any moment. The time off is to begin 12/1/11. What are my rights and what can Sodexo do/not due in terms of the law???

Response from Mr. Chambers

If your job performance is being affected or is affecting those around you, they are probably able to start the process toward termination. The fact that they are give you time off and not threatening termination is somewhat encouraging that they may value your work and want to see you get help, which based on your statement is clearly needed.

Take the time off; get help promptly.

I wish you the best. Treatment could turn your whole life around and get you happily back to work.

What Liability does my employer have?
Will my Health Ins. Rate go up