What Liability does my employer have?

I have been battling severe depression for years, but recently it has progressed (I say recently meaning the last 3 years) and I have been with my employer for nearly 4 years. I have been promoted/transferred 2 times due to great work and at each location a suicide attempt was made. That is how severe the depression has gotten. Anyway, all of my General Managers knew about the attempt and my suffering but did nothing about it, whether guiding me to get help, letting me take time off, calling the cops, etc. What liability do they have and are they violating any laws by not stepping in???

Response from Mr. Chambers

It is doubtful they have any liability unless it is determined to be work related and therefore covered under workers' compensation. You should consult with a workers' compensation for a more qualified opinion.

HSA vs. Copay Plan
Severe Depression and Time off of Work