Social Security Disability

I have been out of work now by doctors orders for a back injury which happened on the job. I have applied for SS disability benefits and have added my HIV status to my back injury. What else do I need to ensure that I recieve these benefits?

Response from Mr. Chambers

Since you have already applied, the best thing you can do is contact all the doctors you named to Social Security. Tell them to expect a request for a copy of their medical records and ask them to submit them as promptly as possible.

You may also get some questionnaires from the disability analyst to complete. That should give you the name and phone number of the analyst handling your claim. Call him or her to make sure all medical records are in and offer to help get in those that aren't in yet.

Also, be very thorough in completing the questionnaires. If they are going to take longer than 10 days, call the analyst to let him or her know. They are your chance to show the analyst what the records don't show, and that is what your life is like, how you function, what changes you have had to make, and what restrictions and limitations you have to "normal" functioning.

Continuation of Medical Insurance Premium If Moving to California from Illinois
HSA vs. Copay Plan