HIV Positive Nursing Student

I'm HIV positive and a nursing student, am I pursuing an unrealistic goal? Will I be considered marketable after graduating and obtaining my license? Should I take choose another career path or will this be as safe as any other?

Response from Mr. Chambers

That is really a personal decision for you to make. Your status is private and no disclosure is required in being hired. With proper hygienic practices, you are no more a danger to patients than anyone else. To my knowledge there are no legal impediments to you continuing your studies and career, but you may want to confirm that as state laws do vary.

Loss of health coverage for domestic partners
Continuation of Medical Insurance Premium If Moving to California from Illinois