HIV Positive Nursing Student
Jan 18, 2012
I'm HIV positive and a nursing student, am I pursuing an unrealistic goal? Will I be considered marketable after graduating and obtaining my license? Should I take choose another career path or will this be as safe as any other?
Response from Mr. Chambers
That is really a personal decision for you to make. Your status is private and no disclosure is required in being hired. With proper hygienic practices, you are no more a danger to patients than anyone else. To my knowledge there are no legal impediments to you continuing your studies and career, but you may want to confirm that as state laws do vary.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Stinging Pain After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.