Moving to Florida

My wife (58yrs) and I (62yrs) want to be able to move to Florida to live near my daughter. We both have HIV. I receive Social Security disability and my wife gets unemployment. We need to be able to get HIV care there including our meds. We get our meds now through Illinois ADAP. Is there some way we can get this?

Response from Mr. Chambers

Florida has an ADAP program, but it also uses a waiting list. You would need to use the above link for details of getting on it.

You may have Medicare if you've been on SSDI for more than two years. The Part D Prescription coverage will cover your medications, but not as well as it should.

If your wife is able to work and gets a job that provides health insurance, you can both get on that which should cover your medications as well.

Good luck ADAP program

Insurance
Disclosure of hiv status