The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Moving to Florida
Jan 18, 2012

My wife (58yrs) and I (62yrs) want to be able to move to Florida to live near my daughter. We both have HIV. I receive Social Security disability and my wife gets unemployment. We need to be able to get HIV care there including our meds. We get our meds now through Illinois ADAP. Is there some way we can get this?

Response from Mr. Chambers

Florida has an ADAP program, but it also uses a waiting list. You would need to use the above link for details of getting on it.

You may have Medicare if you've been on SSDI for more than two years. The Part D Prescription coverage will cover your medications, but not as well as it should.

If your wife is able to work and gets a job that provides health insurance, you can both get on that which should cover your medications as well.

Good luck ADAP program

Disclosure of hiv status

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint