The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Travel to USA on H1-B Visa
Jan 18, 2012

Hello, I am from India and diagnosed as HIV +. I am working as consultant and I may need to travel to USA if needed on H1-B visa. Is it possible to travel to USA anymore? If Yes, do I need to submit any doctor certificate or disclose my status during my H1-B interview? What are the health/physical tests to be enclosed with H1-B application? Please help me. I am stressed and worried on this.

Response from Mr. Chambers

Since 2009, persons with HIV can enter the US the same as anyone else. This website can give you more information. This website

Restictions to mobility due to a positive status
HIV Positive Employees

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint