Need Life Insurance

I am currently a 27yo male that lives in NY. I am a teacher and I have a term life insurance through my union, but that only covers up to $25,000, and its term, meaning that if I live a long life, when I die, there will be minimal coverage. I just got diagnosed with HIV in December and am currently on Complera with 100% adherence. My credit is amazing for my age, and I need some sort of life insurance for the future, g-d forbid anything happens to me. I received something from a company stating that I am pre-approved, yet the signature part has some fine print stating that if I sign it, I agree that I have never been diagnosed or have ever taken medication for an immune disorder, which I assume HIV is. Almost like they are rubbing the salt in the wound. Do you know any companies that offer non-term life insurance to individuals that are HIV+ in NYS? Thanks.

Response from Mr. Chambers

Life insurance, other than group life from an employer or union, is virtually all medically underwritten, meaning they will require some kind of health screening. I'm sorry to say none that I am aware of will accept someone who is HIV+ for any amount of coverage. I would encourage you to double check with a life insurance agent in New York as states vary in their insurance laws and New York is known for being one of the most favorable to consumers.

can't afford meds even with insurance!
Terminated due to HIV.