|HIPAA rights violation question
Jan 11, 2012
I recently had a horrible experience at LABCORP while I was there to do my blood draw that me emotionally a wreck for days. I don't know if you are the expert to turn to but if not who? Please help.
| Response from Mr. Chambers
You do not give any details of your experience, so I can only give you some general guidance. If the issue was a case of disclosure of your status without your permission, you should contact a local AIDS Service Organization or legal services agency for guidance on how to proceed. If, however, this was a medical issue, such as being refused treatment or otherwise discriminated against because of your status, you may want to also consider contacting your state's agency that oversees medical laboratories.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Cervical Cancer If You Use A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.