ADAP benefits by state

I have been receiving ADAP benefits for 3 yrs since testing positive. Iinitially did not disclose info about my employment, but when I needed to reapply I submitted info from a part time job I have. I have been denied and my caseworker told me that the paperwork was probably still being processed. What are the guidelines for ADAP and can benefits be transferred/ re-applied for in another state? Desperately awaiting a reply Thank you

Response from Ms. Donnelly

ADAP is a state and federal program, so the benefits and eligibility criteria vary widely state by state. The answer to your question regarding the guidelines depends on what state you live in. You can reapply for ADAP in another state once you meet any requirements they might have for residency. The AIDS Treatment and Data Network runs a project called the Access Project, which should be able to give you information on your state ADAP and other state ADAPs as you need it. You can contact them at 1-800-734-7104 or visit the web site at www.aidsinfonyc.org/network.

Deception or Desperation
Getting meds when traveling