Can a handshake if having a cut would be an entry of Hiv

Ok, here my scenerio, I work for a lasik company for people who want surgery in their eyes and not wear contact or glasses. I am a patient care couselor & read the chart patients fill in for medical history. 1 one day before, i cut my index finger. The following day 8 hrs later, I shook hands with a patient who was HIV/AIDS+ obviously he touched my cut when we shook hands. 9 days later, i develped: a cold,sore throat,noticed i had lost my appetite, i got dirrhea. When to the Dr he did and x-ray on my stomach and said," Your instestine is filled with gas! he did a full-blood panel test,everything was normarl except my monocytes, normail is 0-9 i was at 12, he said it looks like you are fighting some type of infection,but i dont know what it is, go see an specialist. i was getting night sweats,headche annd twice fever of 99 point something, my tongue got white and dry and i still have it.My cut on my index finger took place 3/2/11 and the hand shake 3/3/11 on 3/12 i started with a cold,sore throat,loss of appetitte,head ache,night sweats,a lot of intestinal gas making loud noises and some diarrhea. I got test on 3/21/11 for HIV DNA by PCR, it was negative. apperently it can detect it 21 days or over,when i did the test i was at my 18th day of exposure,maybe the antibodies haven't fully developed, why do i have a white tongue and intestinal movements with gas and feel water then? What is my risk, i was always healthy untill i shook hands with this patient who was HIV+ could my cut had been any form of entry? I read about the white tongue related to candida or thrush and it relates to the gastrointestinal. I am upset, i showed different Dr my tongue and didn't even pay attention, all they said was, " is just a little yellowish and white. They think i am crazy, but i am not. i understand they see a lot of patients and may be inmune to how someone feels with all my respect. I don't want to be miss diagnosed. :(

Hi.

I don't think you've been misdiagnosed! I, too, think you are completely looney tunes crazy. HIV is not transmitted via a handshake, even if you had a day-old cut. Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing is certain: it's not HIV. No way. No how.

hiv/aids at work
Do I have to disclose my meds?