New job

I have been living out of the country (Japan) for 10 years. I became HIV+ while living there and was covered by the national health insurance for 5 years before coming back to America. I have recently started a new job and have enrolled in the full coverage health plan. They did not ask any health questions or require a physical. Can the insurance company (Cigna) deny coverage once I begin to seek treatment using this insurance? Do I have to wait the 12 months for the pre-existing condition clause to time out? American health insurance is VERY confusing to me right now! Can you shed some light on the situation? Thanks as always for your help!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

First, does the plan have a pre-existing condition clause as many plans do not? If it does, it probably won't recognize your coverage under the Japanese National Plan so you could have a 12 month exclusion period with respect to any pre-existing condition.

Work place Insurance
can i get my hiv med in europe