May 16, 2011
Will the premiums go up for the company since I am hiv positive and getting treatment through my work insurance. And will the insurance company notify my employer? It's group insurance not private
Response from Ms. Franzoi
The insurance company has a legal obligation not to disclose medical information about a participant to the employer, i.e., on a person by person basis. However, the insurance company can provide the employer with dollars spent on certain meds, medical condition, etc. just not by person. At renewal, the premium will be based on the employer's overall experience, not just that of one employee.
certificate of insurability
Great (small) company, how can I work there?
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Are Vaginal Odor, Dizziness, Headache And Diarrhea Signs Of?
- What Does It Mean When You Have A Discharge But No Std?
- Blood On Finger From HIV Positive Person
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.