May 16, 2011
Will the premiums go up for the company since I am hiv positive and getting treatment through my work insurance. And will the insurance company notify my employer? It's group insurance not private
Response from Ms. Franzoi
The insurance company has a legal obligation not to disclose medical information about a participant to the employer, i.e., on a person by person basis. However, the insurance company can provide the employer with dollars spent on certain meds, medical condition, etc. just not by person. At renewal, the premium will be based on the employer's overall experience, not just that of one employee.
certificate of insurability
Great (small) company, how can I work there?
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.