May 16, 2011
I am currently seeking a new job, and was recently diagnosed with HIV. One of the companies I am interviewing instead of participating in a group plan,offers me money to buy purchase my own plan. I am concerned about 1. one finding a plan that will cover me,and two the cost differences in a presonal plan and a group plan...
Response from Ms. Franzoi
If you were to take this job, you should take COBRA from your prior company. When that runs out (18 months), you would apply for an individual policy. The cost will depend on your age, where you live and medical underwriting. It will probably be more costly that getting coverage under a group plan.
certificate of insurability
- Should I Have Dental Work Done If I Have Thrush?
- Purple Spots On The Skin And Hiv
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
- Syphilis How Does It Affect Reproductive System
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.