HIV and a new job

I have been diagnosed HIV + for a year now. During that entire time I have been overseas and not on drugs. I have recently excepted a State University teaching position and will be heading back to the states. I will have benefits with this job, my first time in my life to ever have medical insurance.

My question - I know finally, right! I know I don't need to disclose to the insurance company or the job, I know they can't deny me coverage but my question is should I act surprised so they can say it was a pre-existing condition? And can they tell my employer? Can I still get meds and such while I am with them? Basically, what are the rules? I have no clue to be perfectly honest!

Thank you for your time. I am very sorry if this is the 100000000000000 time you have answered this question

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If your plan has a pre-existing condition clause, it can only exclude coverage related to you pre-existing condition for 12 months. In addition, If you were covered under another plan prior to this coverage and you did not have a break in coverage greater than 63 days, then the new plan would have to recognize your prior period of coverage towards any pre-existing condition waiting period that the plan has. This means that the longest period of time your new plan could exclude coverage related to your HIV status would be 12 months and possibly less or no time.

The medical administrator cannot disclose your status to your employer.

Is it legal for a company to make its employee use fmla when they need to use the restroom?
Insurance through husbands job