|GROWING UP WITH HIV & TRANSITIONING INTO ADULTHOOD
May 12, 2011
I was born with hiv and all my life I have been on medicaid. At the moment I live with my grandparents still on medicaid though, and finding it harder to stay on it. My question is how do I transition out of being dependent on the system and others as a college student? I want to be able to live on my own and take care of my hiv treatment myself but I am currently dependent on others and the system. Please help
Response from Ms. Franzoi
The best solution is to maintain your current coverages while getting your college degree. Once you become employed, get a full-time job with benefits. The benefits offered to you under companies that offer health plans would provide some coverage.
Too much time off work
- White Tongue Sign Of HIV Infection
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.