Too much time off work

I have been employed for 6 yrs with the same company with no problems. They know my HIV status. About 1 1/2 yrs ago I started meds and I informed my employer that I might need some "special treatment!!" They said "no problem". Well apparantley that is not true. It was just brought to my attention that last year I missed 60 hours of work more than what I was allowed. (Doctor appointments and being sick) even though, my work was completed on time, they told me it cannot happen again. So......Is there anything I can do to protect myself?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You are protected by the American's With Disabilities Act. I suggest you get your doctor to write a letter to your HR department descrtibing the accommodations that should be made for you.

IVF AND INSURANCE
GROWING UP WITH HIV & TRANSITIONING INTO ADULTHOOD