Fallen between the cracks

My COBRA coverage ended on 12/31/2010. I currently live in Texas and thought I could apply for health insurance coverage through the Texas Insurance High Risk Pool; however, because I'm offered group coverage through my employer I would not be eligible for pool coverage. The problem I have with the group coverage offered by my employer is that it leaves me terribly under-insured. My HIV meds are not covered through my group plan and, in fact, my group plan only pays out a maximum of $5000.00 a year. Because I'm working I do not qualify for ADAP, Ryan White Programs, or any drug assistance programs due to me being over the income eligibilty guidelines. I only earn $2200.00 a month and I have to live off of that. What should I do?

Response from Mr. Van Essen

Because of all the programs you referred to are adminstered by the State, this would be best asked of an expert in the State of Texas. I would question, though, as to whether your $2200 is your gross monthly income and, if so, can be reduced to a net or countable income below the income thresholds of these programs. I would also question as to whether, in Texas, your adjusted countable income would make you eligible for Texas' Medicaid program? If there are any Texas readers who might lend a little insight to this please post a response. I will, in the meantime, follow up as well.

Needle Stick
Viginal Thrush?