|Union Health Insurance Plan
Feb 14, 2011
I belong to a union and our union officials are the administrators of our health insurance plan (multiplan). Are the union office workers that handle our health records permitted to discuss individual cases with the union officials such as the president or treasurer? I'm concerned that people I work with might find out that I'm HIV+. Thank you!
Response from Ms. Franzoi
They would be violating federal law if they were to discuss your medical condition with others without your express approval.
Unable to meet deductibles and copayments
Hiv and aids in workplace
- Is Dry Cough An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Itchy Scrotum An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Itchy Rash During Seroconversion
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.