LTD after heart attack

I am HIV+ for over 22 years. Have worked all those years. I just had a heart attack with 95% blockage and diagnosed with Coronary Artery Disease. I do not feel capable to go back to my job which is extremely stressful. With the Heart Attack, being HIV+ and issues of concentration, fatigue from the heart medications and chronic diariiaha, etc from HIV meds, can I be approved for disability. I have a disability policy that states I only have to be able to perform MY job, not ANY job. I am currently on short term disability and am scheduled to go back to work in 3 weeks. I have my doctor on my side and willing to make a case. I would really appreciate your perspective. I am confused on what I should do. Go back and try to work and hope all is OK,,,or try for disability. Thank you so much

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You might qualify for long term disability (assumes you have this through your employer) or Social Security Disability. However, whether or not you qualify depends on your medical condition. I don't know if your current health status would be deemed a disability by your LTD plan or Medicare. Your doctor should (based on prior experience) be able to advise you somewhat in this area. Only you know if you will be healthy enough to return to work. I am sorry that I cannot give you a "concrete" answer. It is never that easy to know whether or not someone will be approved for disability. Hopefully, your doctor can be of assistance in helping you make this decision.

Snubbed by long term
Unable to meet deductibles and copayments