Moving to Florida changing Insurance
Feb 14, 2011
Hello, I am a 45yo male recently diagnosed positive. I am healthy and taking a once a day med. I live in NYC and have insurance through Oxford's Healthy New York. The policy is subsidized and I only pay $300 a month. I am self employed. I will be moving to Florida within the next year. Two questions please: When should I try and find a new policy since my current one will not be useful outside of NYC? Is it possible to get a similar policy in Florida?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
I would suggest looking for new coverage about 90 days before you plan on moving. Contact an insurance agent in Florida to find out what will be available to you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Sore On Tongue Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Red Eyes An Early Sign Of HIV?
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.