Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

LIfe Insurance to protect me if HIV Partner dies
Feb 14, 2011

My Partnerand I purchased a home together in 2009. He had Life Insurance through his job covering 250,000 death benefit. He lost his job and did not convert the policy to an individual policy. How can we protect my interest in the home should he die. I am not HIV Positive and purchased a private Life Insurance policy , but that covers him should anything happen to me.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

It is difficult to purchase life insurance for someone who is HIV+. Although there are policies, the face amounts are small, typically $5,000 - $15,000. Some insurance companies to check with are Guarantee Trust Life Insurance, Physician's Life, Mutual of Omaha and Gerber Life.

Previous
Moving to the US with HIV+ Spouse
Next
question on pre-employment physical

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.