will I be approved for ssi

hello, I was just diagnosed hiv+ 2 months ago. i initially went to the Dr. for leg pain which was neuropathy(I am on neurontin currently for that), I am 54 yrs old , very depressed and having panic attacts. all have been documented at the hospital , so not sure they went to ssi officials. sssi had me see their dr. for an exam and i went to their psychiarist. I have not worked in 3 yrs. At every eam and visit I have been very emotional and cried over this terrrible surprise . I am much afraid of my future. I start prezista, norvir and another one next wk. I m so afraid I will be denied. thanks for your assistance

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I understand your concern. It is hard to say whether or not Social Security will approve you. You will need the assistance of your doctor to make the case for your disability. Even with that SS could deny you and you would have to appeal. This seems to happen frequently.

Relocating - Starting a Business - HIPPA and High Risk Health Insurance Pools
US Chamber of Commerce's Stance on Repeal of PPACA