Jan 16, 2011
Every night for me to sleep i have to masturbate.I now do masturbation as a night sleeping tablet.Will this affect me mentality? Since the sperms will dry on my bed will any body who gets to the dried sperms get the virus.Is it health to masturbate while 40 years old? How can i stop it?
Response from Dr. Fawcett
Masturbation is a normal activity that is part of a healthy sex life which has no negative effect on mental status. It can be an effective way to relax and improve sleep. Unlike your pattern, compulsive masturbation and/or sexual preoccupation can indicate a problem which needs to be addressed. HIV is a relatively fragile virus when exposed and dried sperm on your sheets does not indicate a transmission risk.
Prescription Assistance STAT!!
Chest pain - pneumonia or anxiety?
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- 14 Months After Possible Exposure Results Non Reactive
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.