Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Life insurance premium taken out of pay but no insurance.
Nov 2, 2010

My employer has been taking life insurance out of my pay for approximately one year. I recently found out that I have no life insurance with the company I sent application to through open enrollment. My employer says the insurance company lost the form, and wanted me to fill out new forms. But the insurance company says the form they have does not show my electing life insurance. My family has been exposed for this period of time with my having no life insurance. My employer says he will return the money in my next check, but that does not solve anythin. My employer has over 200 employees and grosses around $9 million per year (they have defense contracts). Please advise...

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Your employer should work with the insurance company to get your coverage reinstated retroactive to the enrollment date as this sounds like an administrative error.

Previous
What are an employee"s rights with a self insured company?
Next
Employer shopping for insurance plan

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.