LTC Coverage

I have a LTC insurance policy I purhcased long before testing HIV positive. The policy was not canceled and I continue to pay it thinking that I will use it someday. Am I wasting my money? Is there a risk of denial of beneifts? Do LTC policies have any cash value? Thanks!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

LTC can be a useful benefit to have, especially since you enrolled prior to testing positive for HIV . So I would continue to carry it. our LTC policy might have a paid up option that would allow you at a certain age to cash it in or you could have a paid up option that would allow you to stop payments and freeze the benefit amount. You should check your policy to determine the terms.

Continuation of Medicare Benefits
hiv life insurance