SSI denial (big surprise :)

Ms. Franzoi,

After testing positive in DEC of this past year and finding out that I had a viral load of close to two million and a cd4 count in the lower twenties,full blown aids, I was advised to file a claim for SSI benefits due to the fact that I have basically nothing including insurance. Medications are being covered by programs. Not a surprise to find out I was denied everything even any medical benefits. I have no transportation of my own let alone money. Luckily I have a friend who is assisting me to the best he can. I understand I am leaving a lot out of this question that you may need to give a clearer answer, but should I even bother appealing? I live in a rural area with limited human resources and the representative in charge of my case doesn't even take or return phone calls. I'm in trouble, and any advice you may have to offer would help me. Thank You.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Getting approval for SSDI and Medicare depends a lot on what your doctor's statement says. The doctor has to make it clear that you are unable to perform any duties for which you are reasonably qualified. I suggest you discuss with your doctor and then determine whether or not you should reapply.

Does insurance cover the cost of genotype, phenotype testing and trofile tests
Continuation of Medicare Benefits