Does insurance cover the cost of genotype, phenotype testing and trofile tests

Recently my doctor ordered all the above tests, namely, genotype, phenotype testing and trofile. The company, monogram charged 4800$ to my insurance company. Do insurance companies pay for anything or atleast part of the cost or are they going to make the patient pay for everything?

Hello and thanks for your post.

Coverage of drug resistance testing varies among insurance companies and also varies as to the type of testing.

While genotypic tests are typically covered, the more expensive phenotype and trofile tests are variably covered.

If you have questions about your coverage, I'd work with your case manager, or in this specific case, try contacting Mongram Bioscience-- I believe that they have representative who work to sort through these issues.

BY

Does HIPAA apply to someone HIV+ and on parent's insurance?
SSI denial (big surprise :)