Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Short Term Disability
May 11, 2010

I have been out of work since January, due to substance abuse, depression due to being HIV positive and have since been working to resolve all of these issues or at least get everything to a more manageable place, my employer paid me my vacation time, gave me incorrect info about the STD claim process and now my claim was denied because Claim Processor did not receive all paper work requested, I submitted an appeal, what are my rights regarding FMLA, STD Benefits in NC.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

FMLA is a Federal law and unless NC has a more liberal FMLA law than the Federal law, the Federal law would govern. I suggest you contact a local legal aid organization to help you determine your rights in NC.

Previous
COBRA expiring, becoming a contract worker
Next
Stay on social security or try and work

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.