Daly menu plan fo an HIV positive lady to gain weight

Hello, I was wondering if you could possibly help me with providing a daily menu plan to gain weight. I have searched intensively the internet and I could not find anywhere this information; there is only general advice but I find that does not help much; I would be very grateful if you will help me with a daily meal plan. I am a 41 years old lady, 1.68 m and 45kgs, childless, working in accounts and not taking any exercise. I have been diagnosed HIV positive three months ago and probaly have had HIV for six years. I have never had more than 47 Kgs and would like to find a way to reach at least 50-55 kgs in weight. I find it difficult to eat because I am very fussy and do not have a good appetite. Would it be possible to recommend me a daily menu plan which would help me to gain weight? Even if is just a plan for one day, containing the necessary type and quantities of different foods required, which I could possibly adapt for a week. Thank you very much for your kind help. Best Regards, M

When you say "I am fussy eater", do you mean that you are a picky eater and /or that you do not eat much. Also, I assume that working in accounting makes you sit a lot, so you are not overspending calories (some people find it hard to gain weight due to their high energy expenditure). Some people also seem to have a genetic predisposition to being thin.

You do not mention your height, so I can not tell what your body mass index is to determine if you are really underweight. I will assume that you are even though you mention that you have always been thin.

Anyway, I will list some calorie-dense nutritious foods. Hopefully, they are foods that a "fussy" person may eat.

1- Breakfast: one hard boiled egg and oat meal in milk (if you can tolerate milk). Add nuts and a banana to the oat meal if you can.

2- Mid morning: a Greek style yogurt with your favorite fruit or nuts. You can also use hummus (chickpea pure) with whole grain chips as a snack instead.

3- Lunch: grilled chicken sandwich with a salad, and green tea. Have fruit (berries, oranges, apples,etc) for dessert.

4- Mid afternoon snack: Organic, saturated fat free peanut butter sandwich using whole grain wheat. You could instead have a whey protein shake instead (I like Isopure since it is not thick and people tend to tolerate it better)

5- Dinner: Salmon or tuna on greens plus balsamic vinegar/olive oil dressing. You can add nuts, avocado, feta cheese, apples, etc to the salad. A glass of red wine sometimes helps people eat a little more and it is good for you (no more than two!)

6- Before going to bed: chamomile tea with a little honey.

Make sure you drink plenty of water during the day.

Without knowing more, this is just a start. I hope these are not foods that you are fussy about! They are all based on the Mediterranean diet, which has been shown to be good for the heart.

Let me know how it goes.

Nelson

life insurance policy
COBRA expiring, becoming a contract worker