Just switched jobs.

I recently took a new position with a different company. I'm getting nervous that even with Keeping my cobra for a while (90 day waiting period) that this group insurance plan is going to charge me a lot of money, more so because I'm HIV poz. Will they charge me more than someone without? I'm already having to skip out on medications because of the cost of keeping cobra. It's a little scary going off of meds but I really have no choice. I make to much money to qualify for medication assistance but not enough to pay for meds without insurance. I am also concerned that the "pre-existing conditions" clause wont go away for some time because even when the healthcare bill passes it wont take effect until 2014. I least thats what I heard on CNN. Do you know anything about these issues?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you are under an employer's group health plan, you willnot be charged more than any other employee for that plan unless your employer bases the employee's cost on his compensation, i.e., some employers requyire higher-paid employees to pay more.

cobra and new insurance
Finding HIPAA polcies.