|HIV positive and about to have no health insurance?
Apr 23, 2010
I found out I was HIV positive and had medical health insurance with my job. I was recently laid off in November of 2009 and was told that I would have coverage until the end of the year. My question is "What do I do next in order to keep my insurance that I already have?" "Will the cost go up?" and "What is the next step I should be taking?"
Response from Ms. Franzoi
Take COBRA coverage when it is offered.
Aetna Triples Co-Pay for Atripla
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
- Causative Agents Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Condom Side Effects
- What Age Group Is More Likely To Have Or Catch Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.