HIV Disclosure Without My Permission

I couldnt find an answer to my question on any forum. my new boss recently told me that my hiv status was disclosed to her when she first became my manager. she wouldnt tell me who it was but i have a feeling it was my district manager. is it legal for my district manager or anyone in higher management to disclose my serostatus without first asking me? i think it happened because the dist manager thought my new boss would appreciate being told. im livid and cant seem to find a straight answer. is there something legal i can do?

Response from Ms. Breuer

No one at work has the right to disclose your diagnosis to anyone else. You don't say why you told your district manager in the first place, but yes, they have violated your medical confidentiality and yes, you need legal advice. Since they are your employer, I encourage your and your legal advisor to come at this from an educational point of view, warning them that any further disclosure will be followed up with legal action.

Please do not disclose to anyone else at work. It rarely leads to good.

Positive College Student Many Questions...
Can department of health & human services harrass me for medical information?