Positive College Student Many Questions...

Thanks for the great information provided on this site. I am a 20 year old full-time college student. I was diagnosed while on my parents plan 1 year ago. I currently work for my family's business on the side. I live at home and recieve insurance benefits from my family. We have extremely good coverage through blue cross/blue shield.

I wondered how long can I keep their coverage? When I start my career at another occupation, can I be denied health insurance? Or priced out of the market? If I get my own home is my coverage terminated? What should I do?

Thanks

Response from Ms. Breuer

You can now rejoice at the passage of health care reform! You now know that you can stay on your parents' plan until age 26 because of the recently passed bill. When you join a group plan (if you do) at another employer, there will not be questions about specific diagnoses and you wouldn't have to answer them if there were. A group plan takes everyone in the group.

I encourage you to follow one of the links on the White House site about what the new law means. You are one of the people for whom this law was passed.

i was drug tested yesterday and I am HIV +
HIV Disclosure Without My Permission