|i was drug tested yesterday and I am HIV +
Apr 10, 2010
| Response from Ms. Breuer
Workplace drug testing gets an occasional positive hit from an antiretroviral, but it's very rare. There's no need to disclose your diagnosis, but if you face drug testing in the future, you could always let the employer know that you take a prescribed medication that sometimes is mistaken for one of the drugs they're testing for, and you'd be glad to ask your prescriber to send them a note.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching Hiv From A One Night Stand
- What Are The Chances Of Men Getting Hiv From A Woman With A Undetectable Viral Load?
- Myths And Misconceptions About Hiv Aids
- Transmission Methods Of Hiv Aids Std
- Leg Cramps Peripheral Neuropathy
- How Long Do Symptoms Appear After Exposure To Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.