Term Life insurance

I have been positive since 1997, my viral load is undetectable and my t cells are approx. 450 and have been for some time. I work for a private doctors office where I have just enrolled in their health plan. Which has a $5000 annual out of pocket deductible including pprescription drug coverage. I am navigating this nightmare with my local ASO and have some answers but I was also just given a form entitled evidence of insurability for the life insurance benefit. Like others I have seen in the past one of the questions I need to answer asks if I have ever tested positive for HIV? In the past year have I had a fever persisting more than one month; significant involuntary weight loss?; diarrhea persisting more than one month?; oral candidiasis?; or lymphadenopathy? They also ask for an explanation of any yes answers. By answering yes to the HIV positive question would I be ineligible for the life insurance or is it in my best interest to answer and explain I am positive but have had no AIDS defining illnesses or opportunistic infections. Thanks for your help

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Most insurance companies do not extend coverage to HIV positive individuals, except in limited amounts (see prior Q&As to read which companies do this). However, answer all questions honestly. Failure to do so could result in paying the premiums only to have the policy rescinded at a later date. Falsely responding to questions is insurance fraud.

company changing health insurance plan that denies coverage to HIV people
The cost of meds and insurance