How will Medicare and Health Care Reform effect HIV + people

I am very worried about the effect the new health care reform will be for people with HIV and AIDS. I am on Cobra and also now disabled from AIDS complications. I will not be eligible for Medicare till 2011 though. When Cobra is over in June 2010, I will have to go to a high cost Blue Cross/Blue Shield program for 1 year that I hope to be able to afford that the local HIV Support group assist with the help of The Ryan White Program.

What is going to happen if any of the current legislation proposed goes through? We hear of death panels for seniors, but what about HIV + patients? As far as cost goes, I think we exceed the cost that seniors over 65 generate. Neither Democrats or Republicans are discussing this issue.

Thanks,

Scared to Death

Response from Ms. Franzoi

It is really too soon to sya. The healthcare reform bills change almost daily. I anticipate that as we get closer to the end of the month we will have a clearer view.

Surviving on Disability
Mini-Cobra