Uninsured and self-employed
Aug 17, 2009
I have been self-employed for over 15 years, and let my individual health insurance lapse 4 years ago when I stopped working due to a difficult divorce. I was just diagnosed with HIV recently, and had made too much last year to qualify for TX state assistance. Do I simply stop working? Do I close my company and go get a job?
What to do?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
The best way to get coverage would be to become employed by a company that offers health care coverage to its employees.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Over The Counter Drugs For Chlamydia
- Pathophysiology Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.