|Terminated while on STD
Aug 17, 2009
What happens to my medical insurance. Since I am being terminated because I have been out 180 days. I can't return to the work I used to do, so they posted my position and told me I would be terminated in Sept. My doctor just set me up with PT to try and avoid surgery.
Response from Ms. Franzoi
When your medical coverage ends due to your termination of employment, you would be eligible for COBRA. If your company is too small (fewer than 20 employees)to be covered by the COBRA regualtions, you would be eligible for a HIPAA policy from any insurance company that sells individual policies in your area.
Uninsured and self-employed
- Is Itchy Skin A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Loose Stool After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Over The Counter Products That Test For Vaginal Infections
- What Causes Vaginal Hemorrhaging And Shaking?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.