Terminated while on STD

What happens to my medical insurance. Since I am being terminated because I have been out 180 days. I can't return to the work I used to do, so they posted my position and told me I would be terminated in Sept. My doctor just set me up with PT to try and avoid surgery.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

When your medical coverage ends due to your termination of employment, you would be eligible for COBRA. If your company is too small (fewer than 20 employees)to be covered by the COBRA regualtions, you would be eligible for a HIPAA policy from any insurance company that sells individual policies in your area.

Insurance coverage
Uninsured and self-employed