The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Insurance issues
Aug 7, 2009

I have been on company disability for 6 years, (that is much longer than expected) However, April I was hospitalized and comatose for one month. About that time, UNUM decided it was time for 2 year update. I moved to Mexico in 2007 and never had a specific doctor here, however the information requested is all in my hospitalization and monthly follow up info. I want to fax to them but it is all in spanish. I dont believe there are any restrictions as to where I can live, I just dont know! My question is, if I submit info, can they stop payment?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Disability policies do not have restrictions on where you can live in order to receive your LTD benefits. However, they do have the right to request proof of continued disability which is what it appears they are doing. I do not know what resources they have to translate medical records from Spanish to English.

cobra ends in sept
Insurance coverage

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint