COBRA coverage

I am pregnant and currently on a leave of absence for 12 weeks and my health coverage was canceled just before I left on leave. There is a clause about lapse of coverage of 63 days that may affect COBRA eligibility. It would be past 63 days since my health coverage was canceled before I return to work. I plan on quitting soon after I get back and move of out of state. However, I will not be taking up another job but would like to get coverage through my existing employers group plan. Considering my situation, am I in any risk for not qualifying for COBRA coverage?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You should consider taking COBRA now so you don't have a break in coverage. Then when you return to work and re-enroll as an active employee and subsequently terminate, you will once again be eligible for COBRA. However, please be aware that if the plan you are covered under is not available in the place you move to (like an employee covered under Pacificare in California who moves to NY and the employer has no employees in NY and Pacificare is a California plan), there might not be a COBRA option for you once you move.

Life Insurance
can I collect cobra insurance