Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can I be denied for Group Life Insurance if I complete EOI
Apr 2, 2009

I recently was told of Group Life Insurance through my employer, and at the meeting I was told that if I got an $80000 policy I wouldn't need to complete an EOI. However, after I turned in the paperwork to get that started, I was contacted by the HR rep stating that I was needing to complete an EOI, otherwise the insurance's corporate office wouldn't process any requests with out an EOI, regardless of the amount. If I disclose my status, can they deny me coverage?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

They will make a decision based on the EOI information. However, if it is a group policy with guaranteed issue up to $80,000 and based on your EOI, you are uninsurable, you should get the $80,000 but no more, even if you had future salary increases. Without more information on the terms of the policy, I cannot provide a definitive answer.

Previous
cobra or no cobra
Next
life insurance under group

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.