revealing hiv to employers

Am I required by law to reveal my HIV status to my employers or am I protected by the discrimination act of 1990?

Response from Ms. Breuer

You have no obligation to reveal your diagnosis to your employer. If you need reasonable accommodation, you have to disclose that you are a person with a disability, but you do NOT have to name the diagnosis that leads to that disability. For example, if you need access to a bathroom close to your work station because your meds can give you diarrhea, your doc writes a brief note asking that you work in a location with nearby access to a bathroom for medical reasons. Privacy and dignity remain intact! I'm so glad you asked without just leaping ahead.

Ear piercing
SCARED AS HELL