Ear piercing

Can you get HIV or hepatitis from a piercing gun? I just pierced my baby's ears at the mall and then I read a lot of info on the net about how dangerous it is. they used a prepackaged sterile cassette, and they said the gun(which is not disposable) never touches the client's ear! Is there a chance you can get a disease that is trasmitted through blood with a piercing gun that uses disposable cassettes ?? I am really scared now. I appreciate your help. SHould I test my daughter for any diseases ??

If indeed they used a "prepacked sterile cassette," the HIV-transmission risk is nonexistent. I see no cause for concern and certainly no need to subject your daughter to infectious diseases testing! After all, the poor little thing just had her earlobes shot full of holes, right? Relax Mom, your baby is fine and the shoulder duster earring bling looks marvelous on her!

Dr not sending in medical info
revealing hiv to employers