Employer targeting me for HIV

My employer switched benefit plans 3 years ago and became self insured. After the first year, the personnel director advised that they were hiring a third party benefit administrator "because she knows way more than she should know about us". Since we went to self-insurance I have been worried my employer knows my status and that my medications are costing $30,000 plus per year. Recently, the employer realized that a claim was paid for my ex-wife a few months after our divorce - which occurred over 3 years ago. They are accusing me of insurance fraud and threatening to fire me and have referred it to the DA. However, I contend the change was reported by my assistant and she backs me up, everyone in the company practically knew about the divorce, and my ex-wife has her own insurance plan and insists she provided her information to her doctor, but the doctor submitted to the wrong insurance company. The insurance adminstrator recently sent a claim form to my ex-wife, divulging a non-hiv claim, 5 years after I separated from her, 3 years after our divorce and at least 4 years after they were provided my correct address, which until now they have always gotten correct. So I believe they have violated HIPAA also. I am convinced this is just a conspiracy to separate me because I am HIV and/or costing the self insurance fund over $30,000 per year. What can I do? Should I hire an attorney? Is there a public law firm that would consider such a case? JC

Response from Ms. Franzoi

The best thing to do would be to contact an attorney to discuss the situation and seek advice.

LTD
job discontinuance