LTD

I have worked for a large company for eight years. Currently we have open enrollment for our 2009 elections. I would like to sign up for LTD, but I am being asked to submit evidence of insurability. As a PLWA will Cigna deny my request for LTD?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

It is highly unlikely that Cigna would issue you coverage if you are a PLWA. The only time one can obtain LTD coverage without medical evidence is during the initial enrollment period. If one has to complete a medical questionnaire, if there is any pre-existing condition that has the likelihood of resulting in a disability, an LTD carrier typically denies coverage

HIV and Disability
Employer targeting me for HIV