Oct 20, 2008
I have worked for a large company for eight years. Currently we have open enrollment for our 2009 elections. I would like to sign up for LTD, but I am being asked to submit evidence of insurability. As a PLWA will Cigna deny my request for LTD?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
It is highly unlikely that Cigna would issue you coverage if you are a PLWA. The only time one can obtain LTD coverage without medical evidence is during the initial enrollment period. If one has to complete a medical questionnaire, if there is any pre-existing condition that has the likelihood of resulting in a disability, an LTD carrier typically denies coverage
HIV and Disability
Employer targeting me for HIV
- The Average Time Span Between The Initial Hiv Infection And The Onset Of Disease Symptoms In Untreated People
- How Long Does Testosterone Stay In Your Body?
- Can You Contract HIV From Piercing?
- Can You Get HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Getting HIV From Deep Kissing
- Is It Possible To Get HIV From Genital Rubbing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.