Sep 21, 2008
In an article read online,had stated in canada,that they was a"knowledge gap",where about 6-8% said kissing transmits the virus.Can I have your professional answer on this?
| Response from Ms. Gabriel
My answer professionally, statically, and epidemiologically is that in the past 23 years there has only been ONE case of HIV transmission that *may* have been attributed to kissing. Important to note that blood was the infected fluid -- not saliva. It is a good idea to refrain from kissing anyone who is bleeding from the mouth.
Did the 6-8% say *what* they were kissing? That may account for the knowledge gap.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.