MEDICAL AND HEALTH ASSISTANCE

I AM A 26 YR OLD FEMALE WHO HAS BEEN HIV POSITIVE SINCE 04. I HAVE BEEN OFF AND ON MY MEDS. WHEN I AM ON THEM I AM ON MEDICAID, BUT NOW I AM NOT ON MEDICAID AND I DONT HAVE NO TYPE OF HEALTH OR MEDICAL INSURANCE. I WANT TO LIVE AND STAY HEALTHY, BUT I NEED TO GET A ANNUAL YRLY AND GET MY MEDS EVERY MONTH. THE STATE HAS DENIED ME FOR MEDICAID, DISABILITY, OR ANY TYPE OF ASSISTANCE BECAUSE OF MY JOB, BUT I AM JUST A CNA. WHAT DO I DO IN ORDER TO STAY HEALTHY AND KEEP GETTING MEDS?

Response from Ms. Gabriel

You may be able to get your medication through the pharmaceutical company's drug assistance program. Ask your pharmacist for contact information. If you get a job with an employer that provides group health coverage you would be covered after any probabtion period. The only other way you may be able to get coverage is through a professional association -- if you are a Certified Nursing Assistant there are resources on the internet (try http://nursingassistants.net) that can lead you to a list. Contact the association in your area to see if they offer a group policy. Good luck.

Lynne Gabriel

Travel
Kissing